Press release

Gruner + Jahr acquires majority interest in MaXposure Media Group, India

Hamburg, 03 August 2011 –  

G+J International is acquiring a 78.75 percent interest in MaXposure Media Group India Pvt. Ltd., the effective date being July 1st, 2011. The remaining 21.25 percent are held by the Group's founder, Prakash Johari, who will continue to serve as CEO & Managing Director after G+J's takeover of the majority. His brother and co-founder Vikas Johari will be appointed COO.
"Gruner + Jahr;nbsp;is Europe's leading magazine publisher. It has around 13.300 employees;nbsp;and reaches readers and users with more than 500 magazines and digital offerings in over 30 countries. These offerings include both;nbsp;consumer as well as corporate media. In 2010 Gruner + Jahr achieved revenues of 2.55 billion Euros, with 54% of;nbsp;revenues generated;nbsp;outside Germany. Gruner + Jahr is part of the Bertelsmann Group, one of the worlds largest media conglomerates."
MaXposure publishes upscale consumer magazines, including titles like ANDPERSAND (lifestyle), FHM (men), ESTETICA (beauty/cosmetics) and DIABETIC LIVING (health). MaXposure is also one of India's top 3 players in the corporate publishing segment producing, amongst others, in-flight magazines for India's NationalcarrierAIR INDIA and for SPICEJET, one of India's fastest growing airlines, the MUMBAI AIRPORT magazine as well as customer magazines for MERCEDES BENZ,NISSAN and ICICI Prudential.
MaXposure also provides media representation services for publishing houses as well as ambient media solutions and has a strong presence in direct customer communication. In addition to publishing its magazine websites, MaXposure is well positioned in the digital services segment.
Dr. Torsten-Jörn Klein, Executive Board Member and President of Gruner + Jahr International: "After establishing our position in China as the second-largest magazine publisher, we are now turning towards India, another attractive very growth market, to realise a similar success story. We believe MaXposure with its broad portfolio and strong management team is the ideal platform for growth in the publishing sector. Together we want to be a major player in the Indian market and will support the development of MaXposure through our international expertise. We are happy to have Prakash Johari as an ambitious and talented entrepreneur continue to grow the company as CEO."
Prakash Johari, CEO of MaXposure: "We are proud to have Gruner + Jahr at our side – the leading European magazine publisher, a strong partner with an international network, valuable know-how and well-established quality brands."
Christian Merl
Vice President, Media Relations
20444 Hamburg
Phone+49 (0) 40 / 37 03 - 29 08
Fax +49 (0) 40 / 37 03 - 56 17

Dr. Torsten-Jörn Klein


Prakash Johari